YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Assistant - Sports
at YMCA of San Diego County
Want to help with sports activities and classes for the youth and adults in your community?
Join the Y and get paid to be
active and – of course – have FUN!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Central - Copley-Price Family YMCA (Basketball | Soccer)
Coastal - Dan McKinney Family YMCA (Volleyball | Basketball)
North Coastal - Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA (Lacrosse)
North Inland - Palomar Family YMCA (Basketball | Soccer)
Y would I apply?
· FREE Complete Gym Membership
· FREE Workout Classes
· FREE Pool Access
· Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
· Build Your Resume
· Opportunities for Growth
· Community Involvement
· PART TIME Perks
o FREE Family Membership
o Paid Sick Leave
o Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
· Ensure a quality and safe program for all
· Maintain good communication between teams, the YMCA and supervisor
· Follow emergency procedures appropriately to ensure the safety of the participants and staff
· Ensure the space of the program is ready and clean
· Attend all required meetings and trainings
· Model YMCA core values and mission statement
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
· Must be 16 years or older
· Willingness to meet all program and branch goals
· Position requires the physical ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time as well as the physical ability to lead and interact in active sports
· Verbal, visual, and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in an emergency situation, adequately observe participant’s activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures
· CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following:
o American Red Cross
o American Heart Association
o American Safety & Health Institute