YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Assistant I - Sports
at YMCA of San Diego County
Current Program Assistant I - Sports Opportunities
- North Inland - Rancho Family YMCA
- East County - Cameron Family YMCA
The Program Assistant I - Sports is responsible for assisting with sports leagues, ensuring program quality and participants' safety and well-being at all times.
What a Program Assistant does...
- Ensure a quality and safe program operation for all participants and spectators.
- Maintain good communication between teams, the YMCA and supervisor.
- Follow emergency procedures appropriately to ensure the safety of the participants and staff.
- Assist in the general housekeeping of the program space.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times to ensure the YMCA image and mission statement are upheld.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
What we look for in a Program Assistant...
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality, while having sensitivity to meet the needs of a diverse population.
- Must have a willingness to fulfill the job responsibilities in accordance to the program and branch goals.
- Position requires the physical ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time as well as the physical ability to lead and interact in active sports.
- Verbal, visual, and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in an emergency situation, adequately observe participants activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.