YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coordinator I - Health & Wellness
at YMCA of San Diego County
Are you passionate about health and fitness?
Are you an organized, reliable leader with strong customer service skills?
Y wait any longer?
Let’s start your career together!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Coastal –Peninsula Family YMCA
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Build Your Resume
- Professional Growth
- Community Involvement
- Looking for Benefits? We’ve got you covered:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Provide office support and perform other related duties, as needed
- Responsible for assisting in the assessment and evaluation of group exercise classes, along with dance, karate, and sports programming
- Ability to adequately observe participant and member activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally to large and small groups of members and participants
- Create and deliver group exercise classes, specialty classes, and personal training sessions
- Development and administration of Specialty and Small Group Trainings
- Develop and maintain procedures for facility operation
- Deliver class/session components with guidelines of San Diego County Fitness Cluster Risk Management requirements
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with members through a proactive approach (know and use member names, approach member and provide assistance/guidance and make an effort to acknowledge all members within the class).
- Instruct class members and personal training clients on correct position and body alignment to prevent injuries
- Ensure your scheduled classes/shifts are always covered by following sub procedures
- Meeting attendance is mandatory for all trainings and meetings as assigned by supervisor to include: all staff meeting, management staff meetings and fitness department meetings
- Support the Annual Support Campaign, meet fundraising deadlines and goals as agreed upon by the supervisor
- Participate in branch special events as assigned to assist branch “team” effort
“I can do this!” What are the requirements?
- Must be 21 years old or older
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 2 years’ customer service experience
- Personal Training and Group Exercise experience required
- NCCA-Accredited Personal Training Certificate (ACE, ACSM etc.)
- Four-year degree in fitness related field preferred
- Two or more year’s proven experience in personal training and/or group exercise
- Experience and knowledge of general office systems, including Microsoft Office
- CCC Software experience preferred proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physical ability to actively lead and participate in group exercise/fitness activities
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task under pressure
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute