YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
Looking for a fun job in Day Care Coordination?
Do you enjoy responsibility and ensuring a great play space for children?
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION BELOW!
East County – John A. Davis Family YMCA (Part Time | Monday - Friday)
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Build Your Resume
- Professional Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Supervise daily operations of the Child Watch and Kid’s Club Center
- Have fun and ensure a positive experience for members, staff and guests alike
- Communicate effectively with parents interested and/or enrolled in the program
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and supervising staff
- Issue annual evaluations of Child Watch and Kid’s Club staff
- Maintain accurate records, including but not limited to: attendance, youth medical waivers,emergency contact information and incident reports
- Supervise drop-in participants in both Child Watch and Kid’s Club
- Maintain a professional demeanor with parents, staff and children at all times
- Provide leadership in establishing a positive environment in which youth and families are treated with respect and dignity
- Responsible for general cleaning and housekeeping responsibilities as needed
“I can do this!” What are the requirements?
- Must be 21 or older
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, AA preferred
- 2 years of experience working with infants and young children, ages 2 months to 12 years of age
- Previous supervisory experience
- Sincere interest to work with children
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills
- Physical ability to lift children and infants
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
- CPR/AED, both Adult & Infant/Child, and First Aid Certification within 30 days and must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute