Wickenburg Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Wickenburg Community Hospital
The Scheduler handles all incoming calls to Centralized Scheduling, schedules surgeries, hospital outpatient, and clinic appointments, verifies patient ins benefits, obtains prior authorizations, notifies patient of financial responsibilities at time of scheduling, creates pre-admit accounts, and communicates with other hospital departments and external physician offices as necessary. Works with hospital case manager to obtain authorization for IP days. Provides exceptional care and service to patients, guests and fellow employees at all times.
Essential Job Duties:
- Answers all incoming calls and returns all incoming messages in a timely and professional manner.
- Obtains physician orders for ancillary or surgical services and IP direct admits and verifies order is complete.
- Schedules appointments for clinic physicians, and OP services for US, CT, MRI, mammogram, cardio IV therapy, wound care, pain management, venous ablation, and rehabilitation services.
- Verifies Insurance eligibility, obtains prior authorizations.
- Creates pre-admit accounts with checklist for Admitters of what needs to be completed and collected at check-in
- Calls patients to notify of insurance authorization, patient financial responsibility and make financial arrangements prior to scheduled appointment.
- Mails out no-show letters
- Provides Imaging Office Coordinator with appointment schedule for 2 days out in order for reminder calls to be done.
- Prints pre-admit list for next day and provides Admitting staff with pre-admit folders.
- Schedules surgeries based on surgeon and OR schedules.
- Schedules surgical pre-op visits with clinic physician if PCP
- Schedules surgical clearance appointments with specialists as needed.
- Is responsible to make sure letter of pre-op approval/clearance is received from PCP/Specialist with pre-op tests results prior to surgery.
- Call to confirm surgical appointments.
- Cancel/Reschedule surgery if prior authorization is denied and communicate with patient, Surgeon and Anesthesiologist.
- Notify Director of Surgery for any surgery added to schedule in less than 48 hours.
- Adhere to HIPAA privacy regulations at all times
- Communicate effectively with co-workers in a courteous and professional manner
- Attend organizational and department meetings when indicated
- Participate in team discussions and planning
- Follow all hospital policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Scheduling Supervisor or Patient Access Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent customer service skills and Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to multitask
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of insurance eligibility.
- Previous medical scheduling and insurance prior authorization experience preferred
- Previous Medical Imaging scheduling
- Previous Clinical experience
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work paying close attention to detail with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. frequently and 50 lbs. occasionally.
Please click on the link below to apply for the position.