Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consumer Loan Underwriter (SAFE) 5 - Alliance Credit Office
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
National Underwriting and Production Risk Management (NUPRM) provides support for transaction underwriting, managing production risk, and implementation of policies and procedures that support the home lending process.
As part of Wells Fargo Home Lending, NUPRM identifies and adopts best practices and controls in relation to retail mortgage products. The WBR Alliance team provides decisioning support for Wealth, Brokerage & Retirement (WBR) home lending transactions including Wealth Management and WFA.
This team is responsible for making credit decisions on all loans - initial decision, reconsideration, exception and 2nd level decisions.
- Analyzes most complex financial and credit information for high dollar customer loans according to business unit standards
- Underwrites high dollar loans with higher aggregate credit exposure and may manage a more complex portfolio
- Underwriting exception work streams that cannot be decisioned through the decision tool
- Compiles, analyzes, and documents loan data and credit risk, borrower and property information
- Determines decisions/exceptions beyond the decisioning authority levels of less experienced underwriters
- May negotiate loan provisions
- Mentors or review analysis of less experienced underwriters and may provide credit policy direction to underwriting managers in the field
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of underwriting policies and procedures, investor guidelines, and regulatory updates
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Knowledge and understanding of underwriting: non-conforming loan process
- Operational support exposure; preferably in the Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) line of business
- Ability to review personal or business financial statements and tax returns (commercial and individual)
- Experience with exception authority, second level reviews, government / conventional exceptions
- Extensive underwriting experience which includes experience in reviewing Self-employment, Corporate, and Partnerships tax returns
- Advanced asset analysis and experience working with all types, and extensive experience with layering risk and evaluation
- Appraisal review background
AZ-Chandler: 2850 S Price Road - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.