Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
WIS Sales Assistant
at Webster Bank
291 Danbury Road-LF613
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The Sales Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support: (e.g., telephone coverage, mail, meeting arrangements, appointment setting, outbound calling, coordinate communications, fax and photocopy)
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Maintain Financial Consultant's file system
- Ensure office is in compliance with FINRA regulations (e.g., orderly customer filing, maintain up-to-date inventory of critical materials: approved product list, prospectuses, performance reports, forms; ensure manuals and FINRA books are available to each registered branch)
- Keep complete log of all sales and appointments; assist with tracking and reporting of sales/appointments by branch for both FC and LBEs
- Follow-up with customers who were referred by bank staff and track all kept appointments for reporting purposes
- Point person for maintaining and scheduling FC calendar
- Maintain extract data from customer database contact management system
- Monitor and maintain inventory of required office supplies, including marketing collateral, forms and documents
- Telemarket to book appointments, including qualifying leads
- Handle a variety of customer communications - prospecting letters, confirm appointments, send out appointment cards and review cards, send contracts and policies, order customer illustrations, trouble shoot customer problems for resolution
- Prepare and assist with marketing activities, including investment days, seminars, telemarketing nights, direct mail campaigns
- Reconcile commission reports
- Assist with coordination of LBE program, including communications, reporting, tracking, promotional events
- Attend meetings as required and work on miscellaneous projects as requested
- Associates degree
- Able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Must be highly organized
- Proficient in Microsoft office - Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Must be comfortable and efficient in telemarketing activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate effectively and thoroughly.
- Strong sensitivity to follow through, attention to details and diligent about meeting deadlines.
- Resourceful, motivated, enthusiastic and take initiative
- Strong administrative skills
- Must have the ability to make good judgments
- Series 6 & 63 as well State Life Insurance License is expected but not required within one year of hire. Continued compensation and career growth is very much dependent on obtaining 6 & 63 licenses