Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Volunteers of America-Homestead at Rochester is hiring for a Staffing Scheduler.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- MUST HAVE PRIOR HEALTHCARE SCHEDULING EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience as a Health Unit Coordinator in health care preferred.
- Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to prioritize duties.
- Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service technique.
- Ability to understand residents' charts, doctor's orders, residents' plan of care, medication orders.
- Ability to organize and maintain nursing unit order.
- Attention to detail, follow through.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to function under stress.
- Ability to adapt easily to change in routine.
- Ability to relate well with various personalities.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Must be a team player.
Employees will be expected to
- Follow correct policy and procedures for department and facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of fire alarms and extinguishers.
- Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
- Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
- All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
- Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Follow guidelines for department environment and safety measures.
- Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
- Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals and supplies.
- Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents: staff, residents, etc.