Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Assistant (Certified, Registered or State Tested)
at Volunteers of America
Has COVID19 slowed down the process of you being able to take your CNA state exam? If you have been through classes, and just not tested you can still work for us! Get your certification when the state reopens!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Nursing Care Functions
a. Assists residents with personal cares, including bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, bed mobility, toileting and eating.
b. Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding accurate performance of vital signs, weights, etc. Understands/supports Resident Bill of Rights.
c. Delivers meals and assists residents with eating. Records accurate food and fluid intake as assigned. Reports any chewing or swallowing difficulty to the nurse.
d. Assists the resident with the restorative nursing program including but not limited to, passive and active range of motion, ambulation with appropriate assistive devices and use of transfer belt.
e. Uses safety standards at all times in transferring of residents: (a) Uses transfer belt and/or proper mechanical equipment for all transfers/ambulation of residents. (b) Uses proper body mechanics. (c) Ambulates/transfers residents per plan of care. (d) Positions residents to maintain body alignment per policy and procedure and plan of care.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. State approved nursing assistant course completion/certification, or enrollment in approved course per state guidelines.
3. Experience in the long-term care setting preferred.
4. Ability to safely perform the essential functions of the job without harm to self or others.
5. Ability to prioritize duties.
6. Ability to understand and follow work assignments.
7. Ability to work as part of a team.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.