Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Minimum Data Set (MDS) Coordinator
Volunteers of America is looking for an experienced MDS Nurse/Coordinator to join its team. The MDS Coordinator is responsible for the Minimum Data Set (MDS) Comprehensive Resident Assessment Instrument of the facility residents.
Come be a vital part of our clinical team! MDS coordinators are critical to evaluating and managing cares, as well as maintaining accurate medical records and coding procedures in order to ensure proper reimbursement. In addition to data sets you will also be an intricate part of advocating for residents' rights and quality care.
- Coordinating the completion of the minimum data set assessment (MDS) and Care Area Assessment (CAAS).
- Ensure that care plans accurately reflect the cares and clinical monitoring provided.
- Monitors regulatory compliance for completion of MDS/RAI process
- Informs IDT members of validation errors as appropriate.
- Follows the HCFA Correction Policy for corrections.
- Stay abreast to changing MDS/RAI process regulations.
Pay starting at $62,400/year
Work where you feel at home.
The warm and caring atmosphere of our communities is created by nurses, environmental specialists, certified nursing assistants and other team members who love to help older adults feel healthy and at home.
At Volunteers of America, we're also dedicated to creating thoughtful, caring and flexible work environments for our team members. When you begin a career with us, expect the support you need to succeed in your role, respect for your individuality and beliefs, and opportunities for personal and professional development.
When you join our team of exceptional professionals, we'll trust you to do your best each day, and to show compassion and caring for our residents and your fellow team members. In return, you'll be rewarded with a generous array of industry-leading benefits and workplace considerations.
- Top benefit packages
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Pay in lieu of benefits options
- Loan reimbursement (MN skilled care centers)
- Career scholarships
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs
- Employee discount program
- Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
- Previous RN long- term care experience with working knowledge of the RAI process preferred
- Displays knowledge of RAI/PPS process
- Clinically competent to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents
- Resident Assessment Coordinator Certified Program, RAC-CT needs to be certified six (6) months after hire