Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Volunteers of America
Come join Westchester- we are seeking a friendly, hardworking, and energetic candidate to join our team in our homelike working environment.
The Westchester Care Center is looking for a full-time Maintenance Assistant to join our team!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Westchester Care Center is looking for a Maintenance Assistant who is flexible, reliable, well organized and a team player who assumes responsibilities for overall maintenance of facility. Responsible for preventative maintenance, painting and repairs inside and outside the facility to provide a safe, attractive and orderly environment for the benefit, use, enjoyment protection of residents, staff and visitors. Conducts routine tests and inspections on various facility systems and implements programs in a manner that meet the goals and objectives of the facility.
Working hours for this position are 1:30 pm until 9:30 pm
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of trade or vocational school, with courses in blueprint reading, mechanical drawing, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC equipment, refrigeration and electricity preferred. Current Boiler License is preferred
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral instructions in order to identify various chemicals and cleaning agents from their labels and understand directions for use.
- Willingness and ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Minimum of two (2) year previous building maintenance experience desired.
- Knowledge of state building, plumbing and electrical codes and local ordinances.
- Able to understand technical manuals used to install and repair machinery and equipment.
- Coordination and dexterity needed to handle tools and equipment parts.
- Must be capable of making decisions in an emergency.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devicesfor tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation or an on-call situation.