Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Life Enrichment Assistant
at Volunteers of America
Are you a social butterfly looking for a place put that talent to work?
Available weekend days - good with event details?
Our residence need you !
Assists in coordination of resident social activities and recreational programs.
Coordinate social, recreational, purposeful and spiritual activities to residents, whose needs include psychological, physical, and cognitive challenges.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school graduate or equivalent education is preferred. Preference given to persons who have completed courses in therapeutic recreation.
2. Minimum one year experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
3. If operating company vehicle you must be 21 years of age and meet the MVR organization standards.
4. Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral instructions; to prepare written reports and documentation.
5. Ability to work with residents of varying levels of responsiveness.
6. Motor coordination and manual dexterity required in working with craft projects and other resident activities.
7. Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during evenings and weekends for planned activities events.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
Ability to work weekends
Use basic computer programs
Assist Elder Residence with activities
Event planning and participation