Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Health Aide- AM
at Volunteers of America
The Homestead at Coon Rapids is hiring Home Health Aides/PCA's to join our team with both our Assisted Living and Memory Support residents.
The HHA role is to ensure that our residents receive daily nursing care and activities of daily living.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living.
- Administer medications and treatments.
- Documentation of cares given and pertinent observations. Reports any observations to the nurse.
- Assists with ambulation, transfers and exercise.
- Reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
Work where you feel at home.
The warm and caring atmosphere of our communities is created by nurses, environmental specialists, certified nursing assistants and other team members who love to help older adults feel healthy and at home.
At Volunteers of America, we're also dedicated to creating thoughtful, caring and flexible work environments for our team members. When you begin a career with us, expect the support you need to succeed in your role, respect for your individuality and beliefs, and opportunities for personal and professional development.
When you join our team of exceptional professionals, we'll trust you to do your best each day, and to show compassion and caring for our residents and your fellow team members. In return, you'll be rewarded with a generous array of industry-leading benefits and workplace considerations.
- Top benefit packages
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Flexible schedules
- Pay in lieu of benefits options
- Loan reimbursement (MN skilled care centers)
- Career scholarships
- Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs
- Employee discount program
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- State approved home health aide or nursing assistant course completion/certification, or enrollment in approved course per state guidelines.
- CPR Certified.
- Process the ability to read, write and carry out directions.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work with little supervision and make appropriate judgment.
- Have demonstrated dependability, tact, and ability to follow orders.
- Experience in an Assisted Living Facility or Memory Care Unit strongly preferred.
- Customer service oriented.
- Possesses coordination and dexterity required to provide resident care skillfully.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.