Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Assistant - PACE
at Volunteers of America
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA is hiring an Executive Assistant for the Senior Pace Program in Montrose, CO. Shift/Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm.
To provide high-level professional and efficient administrative support to the Executive Director and facility including performing clerical functions such as typing correspondence and documents, scheduling meetings, compiling and maintaining reports and maintaining filing system resulting in the delivery of excellent internal and external customer service.
1. Provide administrative support for the Executive Director and the leadership team.
2. Report activities, trends and/or problem areas that develop to Executive Director on a routine basis.
3. Assist Executive Director in his/her assigned duties. Functions as a representative of that position to the administrative staff, medical staff and other personnel, when and where appropriate.
4. Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress and problem-solving.
5. Maintains current facility contracts, policy & procedure manuals, administrative forms and general administrative files.
6. Establishes a liaison relationship with contracted agencies.
7. Responsible for coordination of meetings, as necessary, attends meetings and records minutes.
8. Arranges corporate travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas; scheduling the corporate jet; booking other transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
2. Must have medical clearance for communicable diseases and up-to-date immunizations before having direct participant contact.
3. Education: High school diploma with continuing job related education or training. AA or BS degree preferred. Knowledge of general business practices.
4. Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience functioning in an administrative capacity. Experience in a health care setting preferred. A minimum of one year's experience in working with the frail or elderly population.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is essential.
6. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
7. Proven ability to manage multiple tasks to deadline while handling a variety of interruptions.
8. Ability to prioritize projects and assignments.
9. Must be able to function independently and be able to work effectively with other personnel.
10. Familiar with rules and regulations regarding Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE).
11. Customer service oriented.
12. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
13. Only acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice. Must meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Senior Community Care and approved by CMS before working independently.