Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dietary Assistant/Wait Staff
at Volunteers of America
Making a difference every day!
As a Dining Associate you will directly interact with our residents and have an opportunity to brighten their day. In return, Autumnwood offers flexible schedules, various pay options, and comprehensive benefit plans. Part time careers available. Our dining services team members are off work by 7 pm which lends to work life balance.
At Autumnwood, we believe creating a positive community starts by treating our staff with the same care and respect they give our residents - a practice that earned us a bronze Employer of choice designation from Leading Age Ohio.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. Previous institutional dietary service experience is preferred.
3. Ability to read and understand procedures used for work assignments, instructions, recipe directions and diet order cards.
4. Numerical ability for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals.
5. Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as preparing food items, carrying quantity foods, serving meals, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning assigned work areas.
6. Coordination and dexterity for preparing food and operating dietary equipment safely.
7. Ability to work in an area that is often very hot/cold.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.