Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dietary Assistant (Float Team/On Call)
at Volunteers of America
Come join the VOA Colorado Float Team and make a difference in our resident's lives! Work as a PRN Dietary Assistant in Montrose and/or Eckert, Colorado. You will enjoy ultimate flexibility and work as little as four shifts per month or full time hours, it is YOUR choice.
The primary purpose of the Dietary Assistant is provide quality food service in accordance with all State and Federal regulations and to meet the nutritional and individual needs of the residents in our senior living facilities.
One (1) year of experience is required.
1. Assists in defined food preparation, serving of meals and cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Director of Dietary, Management Team and/or Cook.
2. Understands and follows procedures related to all duties or special assignments as directed by the Director of Dietary, Management Team and/or Cook.
3. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. Previous institutional dietary service experience is preferred.
3. Ability to read and understand procedures used for work assignments, instructions, recipe directions and diet order cards.
4. Numerical ability for recipe preparation and proper measuring of cleaning agents and chemicals.
5. Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as preparing food items, carrying quantity foods, serving meals, handling soiled dishes, operating dietary equipment and cleaning assigned work areas.
6. Coordination and dexterity for preparing food and operating dietary equipment safely.
7. Ability to work in an area that is often very hot/cold.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.