Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cooks Assistant - Montrose, CO
at Volunteers of America
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA is hiring for a part time Cook's Assistant at Valley Manor in Montrose, CO
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shift/Hours: Sunday and Monday 5:30am - 2:00-pm
1. Completes defined food preparation, serving of meals and cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various dietary equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Cook, Assistant Director of Dietary, Director of Dietary and Management Team.
2. Prepares nutritional snacks for residents as assigned.
3. Tastes and smells prepared food to determine quality and palatability.
4. Assist in ensuring critical control points are met.
5. Stores leftovers properly, plans for use of leftover foods in accordance with State and Federal sanitation regulations.
6. Supervises dietary staff in the absence of the Cook, Assistant Director of Dietary and Director of Dietary; initiate replacement calls for absentees and re-organizes work assignments as directed.
7. Assists with department inventory program.
a. Checks and inspects food products and supplies as delivered, in the absence of the Cook, Assistant Director of Dietary and Director of Dietary. Supervises and assists in storage of supplies and food products.
b. Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus; confers with Director of Dietary.
c. Notifies Director of Dietary of supplies or equipment needs.
8. Follows reporting procedures for the following:
a. Observed resident concerns.
b. Supply and equipment needs.
c. Damaged, unsafe, malfunctioning equipment.
d. Conditions related to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
9. Cleans equipment and work areas as assigned by the Cook, Assistant Director of Dietary or Director of Dietary.
10. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
11. Performs other duties or special assignments as directed by the Cook, Assistant Director of Dietary or Director of Dietary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. High School diploma/GED required preferred.
3. Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older.
4. Minimum of one year food service experience in a healthcare dietary setting preferred. General knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned serving required.
5. Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
6. Possesses adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of preparing and carrying quantity foods.
7. Possesses coordination and dexterity required to prepare food and operate dietary equipment.
8. Able to understand and follow procedures, recipe directions, diet orders and work assignments.
9. Visual acuity and color discrimination for examining cooked and stored foods; taste and smell discrimination in determining nutritional quality and palatability of foods.
10. Works in an area that is often very hot/cold.
11. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
To Apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JPAKADrQ