Volunteers of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Activities Assistant - PRN
at Volunteers of America
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA is hiring for an Activities Assistant for the Colorado Float Team in Montrose and Eckert, CO. This will be a PRN position.
PRIMARY RELATIONSHIPS: Assists in coordination of resident social activities and recreational programs.
OBJECTIVE: Coordinate social, recreational, purposeful and spiritual activities to residents, whose needs include psychological, physical, and cognitive challenges.
1. High school graduate or equivalent education is preferred. Preference given to persons who have completed courses in therapeutic recreation.
2. Minimum one year experience in a healthcare setting.
3. If operating company vehicle you must be 21 years of age and meet the MVR organization standards.
4. Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral instructions; to prepare written reports and documentation.
5. Ability to work with residents of varying levels of responsiveness.
6. Motor coordination and manual dexterity required in working with craft projects and other resident activities.
7. Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during evenings and weekends for planned activities events.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
To Apply: http://www.jobs.net/j/JWHuxQBw