The Village Health Clubs & Spas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Village Health Clubs & Spas
The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
The Human Resources Coordinator provides administrative support to the Human Resources team that supports all 4 Village Health Clubs & Spas. This role supports certain Human Resources functions such as record keeping, filing, file maintenance and HRIS data entry and reporting. This position is full time.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
- Displays a positive attitude as well as professional, polite, considerate and courteous conduct and treatment of others
- Understand company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and respond to general questions from employees
- Prepare, audit and maintain employee personnel files and properly file employee paperwork
- Manage high volumes of confidential information on a daily basis
- Assist with Human Resources communications both electronic and physical mailings – ex. Benefit mailings
- Process HRIS change requests in a timely fashion, such as address changes, rate changes, etc. This requires data entry and document uploading
- Schedule meetings in Microsoft Outlook and take professional meeting minutes
- Perform other general clerical work such as data entry, operating office machines, sorting mail, filing, copying and faxing
- Track employee referrals and provide a list of payouts each pay period to the Payroll Manager
- Run HRIS reports and communicate to managers which employees require training
- Assist with the preparation and processing of performance reviews
- Attend company required trainings
- Other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Workers Compensation administration
- Managing Learning Management system in UltiPro
- Termination processing and tracking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in an office environment, preferably in a Human Resources Department with exposure to benefits administration
- High level of professionalism and discretion, working with confidential information
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written with coworkers, members, and vendors
- Customer service focused attitude
- Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- Attend Company New Hire Orientation within 30 days of hire
- Successfully pass a background check
- Experience with HRIS software programs, specifically UltiPro
- Experience administering various employee benefit programs (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k etc.), including enrollments, changes and terminations
- Experience in processing benefits related paperwork for Disability, FMLA and Worker’s Compensation
- Experience with leaves of absence
This position requires some standing, walking, lifting, grasping, bending and kneeling for filing. Sitting for long periods of time. Substantial repetitive movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Involved in activities where one must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Sedentary work involving sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required occasionally. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing computer monitors and extensive reading.
This position is not substantially exposed to any adverse environmental conditions. It involves typical office or administrative work.