UNM Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Administrator - Telehealth
at UNM Medical Group
# of Openings:
Job Code/Title: A5001 / Program Administrator - Telehealth
FOR BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The following statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels characteristic of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an exhaustive list of the specific duties and prerequisites applicable to individual positions that have been so classified.
UNM Medical Group, Inc. (UNMMG) is the practice plan organization for physicians and other medical providers associated with the UNM Health Sciences Center. UNM Medical Group, Inc. is a New Mexico non-profit corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. UNMMG offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as tuition assistance, paid leave and 403b retirement for benefits eligible employees.
We are currently seeking a Program Administrator to manage and coordinate the programmatic activities and services of the UNM Center for Telehealth, a multifaceted University enterprise dedicated to the state, regional, and national development of sustainable Telehealth networks to the medically underserved. The successful candidate will manage and coordinate program planning, funding activities, and reporting, and participates in the establishment and maintenance of internal fiscal, administrative, and compliance protocols. Will serves as primary liaison with internal and external agencies on all day-to-day issues pertaining to program activities. Candidate must have an understanding of clinical operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, develops, and coordinates the administration of the various projects and programs of the Center.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness and effects changes required for improvement.
- Develops proposals for the utilization of Center services and facilities; prepares grant applications to obtain funding as appropriate to support the various projects and programs of the Center.
- Develops collaborative projects with external agencies, educational institutions, and other internal and external constituencies; negotiates and establishes contracts for services as appropriate.
- Serves as primary point of liaison to both internal and external constituencies on day-to-day operational matters pertaining to the planning and administration of program activities.
- Review reports and other information related to projects and programs to internal administration, partner enterprises, government regulatory agencies, and funding entities, as appropriate.
- Recommends and participates in the development of and establishing of policies and procedures; may serve on department/division/university planning and policy-making committees.
- May represent the university to various institutional divisions as well as externally to governmental agencies, funding agencies, national organizations, and the general public.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to the duties listed in the job description. Verification of education and licensure (if applicable) will be required if selected for hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of telehealth/telemedicine concepts, practices, procedures, technology, and techniques.
- Program and project management and implementation skills.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement complex data tracking and reporting instruments, systems, and procedures.
- Ability to format and generate summary, statistical, and presentation reports.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Leadership skills.
- Project management skills and the ability to resolve complex problems and issues.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must be employment eligible as verified by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) and the Government Services Administration (GSA).
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Fingerprinting, and subsequent clearance, is required.
- Must provide proof of varicella & MMR immunity or obtain vaccinations within 90 days of employment.
- Must obtain annual influenza vaccination.
- If this position is assigned to a clinical area, successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-placement medical evaluation/health screen. Required N-95 mask fitting, testing, vaccinations to include annual TST, Tdap, and Hepatitis B will be determined based on location and nature of position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.