University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Coordinator - req# 8311
at University of New Mexico
|Working Title||Program Coordinator|
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (OfDEI) is seeking qualified candidates to apply for a Program Coordinator position supporting a federal grant to establish the New Mexico Health Careers Opportunities Program (NM HCOP) Academy. The OfDEI is responsible for a full panoply of programs addressing faculty diversity, linguistic and cultural competence, K-20 educational programs, research data and analyses, family involvement/community engagement, and leadership on issues of diversity, equity, social justice, and inclusion. The Vice Chancellor for Diversity (VCD) oversees the HSC Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and provides leadership to conceptualize, define, develop, assess, nurture and cultivate diversity, inclusion, and health equity as both an HSC and UNM Health System institutional identity and resource resulting in widespread educational benefits and measurable health and healthcare value.
This position will assist with the implementation of new and expanding statewide programs specific to the NM HCOP Academy.
This is a year by year term position, funded for up to five years.
Responsibilities & Duties of this position include, but may not be limited to:
· Provide administrative support in the development, implementation and administration of the NM HCOP Academy.
· Monitors program budget and expenses, and provides travel planning, reimbursements, and purchases of equipment and supplies using a UNM Purchasing Card and ensures compliance with UNM business policies and procedures.
· Serve as a principal liaison between students, faculty, staff and/or external partners including HERO’s, AHEC’s educators and community members on day-to-day programmatic and administrative issues such as, but not limited to, meetings, special events and problem resolution.
· Assist in recruitment and outreach strategies to increase retention and program impact. This may include administrative support related to supporting student participants in NM HCOP Academy.
· Write, edit or develop promotional materials, educational materials, newsletters and/or brochures as appropriate.
· May participate in special projects and other related initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the HSC Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s pipeline programs
· Some statewide travel required.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Experience with UNM financial systems (Chrome River, PCard holder, travel, Purchase orders, budget forms, restricted accounts)
· Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with diverse populations including faculty, staff and students
· Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
· Experience coordinating meetings, seminars, events and special projects
· Experience working in an academic setting with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students
· Experience working with underrepresented/underserved minority and/or economically disadvantaged students/families
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint or similar programs.
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Vice Chancellor for Diversity (296A)|
|Term End Date||08/31/2019|
|Pay||$13.62 to $20.43 Hourly|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||4/4/2019|
|Application Instructions||Attach cover letter, resume, and three references.|
Positions posted with a Staff Type of Regular or Term are eligible for the Veteran Preference Program. See the Veteran Preference Program webpage for additional details.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.