University of New Mexico
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fiscal Services Tech (UNMTemps) - req# 13840
at University of New Mexico
Fiscal Services Tech
|Working Title||Fiscal Services Tech (UNMTemps)|
The University of New Mexico’s Project ECHO has an exciting opportunity to join our Finance Team as a Fiscal Services Tech.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Performing transaction initiation, requisition, or journaling duties, such as processing purchasing requisitions, direct pay requests, journal vouchers, and/or petty cash reimbursements
· Maintaining and/or assisting in the maintenance of unit fiscal control systems and ledgers, which may involve requesting setting up indexes, preparing and processing fiscal transactions and documents, uploading and downloading financial entries and reports, preparing trial balances, clearing suspense items, and/or coordinating period closings.
· Preparing documentation for accounts payables/receivables, cost reimbursements, and other billings for processing; maintains supporting worksheets
· Review purchasing, travel, and personnel transactions for availability of funding, mathematical accuracy, coding and distribution of account numbers, and adherence to funding regulations and university policy; may also originate or prepare these documents; processes complex invoices for payments.
Project ECHO prides itself on being a values-based organization. Our seven values include: Service to the Underserved, Demonopolize Knowledge, Mutual Trust and Respect, Teamwork, Excellence and Accountability, Innovation and Learning and Joy of Work. We strive to find individuals who can embrace and exemplify these values.
Project ECHO is grant funded and has received support from the NM Legislature, the University of New Mexico and the New Mexico Department of Health. We are growing exponentially, serving communities around the globe. By joining our team, you will be part of a movement that is leading the way in technology-based healthcare initiatives and will support our vision to touch the lives of 1 billion people by 2025!
Days & Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
Anticipated Start Date: To be determined
Projected End Date: Twelve (12) months from date of hire
Parking Arrangements: Responsibility of the selected employee
UNMTemps provides staffing solutions to UNM departments requesting temporary employees as positions become available due to a vacancy, when regular employees are absent, for peak work periods, and for special events. As such, UNMTemps assignments/positions may end with little or no advance notice.
|Conditions of Employment|
High school diploma or GED; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
· Cash management and reconciliation
· Ability to analyze and interpret financial data on individual accounts
· Experience with analyzing accounting data and processing journal entries
· Strong organizational and follow-up capabilities
· Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse community
|Campus||Health Sciences Center (HSC) - Albuquerque, NM|
|Department||Project ECHO (259B)|
|Staff Type||Temporary - Full-Time|
|Pay||Hourly: $12.38 - $18.57|
|Benefits Eligible||This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.|
|ERB Statement||Temporary employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.|
|Background Check Required||No|
|For Best Consideration Date||10/9/2020|
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application.Please provide a resume and cover letter.
The University of New Mexico is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.