Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Client Billed Clerical - HR Coordinator
at Allied Universal
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Human Resource Representative for a Leading Security Guard Company based out of New York, NY
- Reporting into the Human Resources Manager on a solid-line basis and provide day to day HR/union oversight and support in assigned geographic region;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, while identifying solutions to daily operations challenges and needs;
- Act as a liaison between branch management/staff and HR Manager to ensure priorities and activities are discussed and consistent application of policies and procedures are enforced;
- Negotiate and manage all aspects of Collective Bargaining Agreements to ensure compliance, fulfillment of technical requirements, and awareness of Company philosophies regarding union relations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with union representatives to minimize labor relations issues, conduct supervisor/manager training to strengthen consistent application of policies and procedures, and manage all grievances in a timely and effective manner.
- Notifies employees and labor union representatives of changes in benefit programs.
- Interpreting union contracts, advising senior leadership, leads, and officers
- Responsible for grievance meetings and resolutions
Qualified candidates for the HR Representative position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related area of study highly preferred;
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in the human resources field, with specific experience; in a union environment.
- Specific related experience managing the receipt, investigation, documentation, resolution and communication of employee relations cases of a complex and varied nature in a high turnover, entry-level wage, non-exempt employee environment as well as for managerial level employees; includes policy interpretation and ability to consistently apply policies and practices to ensure equity within assigned client group and organizationally;
- Proven experience turning goals into action by creating and executing strategies and plans to achieve objectives; must be goal-oriented with demonstrated ability to interact successfully in unfamiliar or new environments to accomplish hiring goals;
- Energetic, driven personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines;
- Must be able to work independently and be self-directed, but also take direction from all levels of managers within the assigned region, which may result in having to re-prioritize work activities on a regular basis;
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications; effective use of technology to create meaningful reports and measurements required;
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion;
- Must have a clean driving record, possess a valid driver’s license and minimum required insurance, and have a reliable vehicle for regular driving between branches within assigned region;
- Must have the flexibility and ability to travel periodically/regularly, depending on company needs, with some overnight travel required;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.