The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Program Assistant
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Programming – to develop youth programs as specified with the assistance of the Corps Officer
- Consistently attend and lead programs for youth and possibly for senior citizens
- Plan and prepare for appropriate programs
- Provide a positive atmosphere of growth and safety for all program participants
- Adhere to Salvation Army practices concerning the safety and well-being of children and others
- Assist the Corps Officer with current programs as related to program development
- Coordinate transportation if necessary
- Assist in developing, coordinating and maintaining weekly programs
- Participate in sporting and recreational events with children and adults in program
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor as related to the position of Youth Program Assistant
Skill / Requirements
- Salvation Army Salvationist, Soldier, or adherent preferred
- Able to work with diverse groups, including Children and Young adults
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License with clean MVR
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to operate general office equipment
- Must possess strong leadership and organizational skills
- Able to successfully pass a Child Safety Background Check
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude and use language conducive to The Salvation Army Mission, during program time as well as any Social Media outlets
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.