The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Service Aide/Administrative Assistant
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Picking up and sorting mail including managing all local direct mail responsibilities
- Assist with general administrative duties including mailings, Sunday programs, fliers, etc.
- Assist with managing and maintaining the corps office, working with corps members and the general public, answering phones, completing reports, maintaining files, etc.
- Accept and sign for deliveries
- Manage incoming calls and direct as necessary
- Compose and type any necessary correspondence, emails, or program support materials on behalf of the corps officers
- Keep signage around the facility up to date with program information and hours of operation
- Coordinate supply needs
- Contact vendors to arrange for service calls
- Prepare and submit accounts payable for officer’s approval
- Keep up to date files on any service calls
- Manage corps calendar for programs, staff vacations, etc.
- Manage paperwork and communication with outside groups and process other potential use request
- Attend, compose, and distribute minutes for staff, corps, Advisory board, and any other administrative meetings per approval of corps officer
- Assist with Advisory Board preparation, meeting materials, notifications, RSVP’s, and physical set up of meetings
- Assist with recruiting, processing, and managing of volunteers
- Be present to assist Corps Officers with the coordination of community events
- Assist programs with gathering supplies, decorations, and other materials in support of programs
- Receive monetary and Gifts in Kind donations, issue receipts, and file appropriately
- Assist with deposits
Social Service Caseworker
- Handling all social service calls
- Making sure the food room, waiting room, and office are clean and inviting
- Casework for SHARE, warm spirits, utility, furniture, clothing, baby items, rent, transportation, and all other vouchers
- Develop and Administer Homeless Management Information System. Adhere to the policy and procedures as well as honor the agency agreements per HMIS.
- Properly record and file all casework documentation in the most appropriate form: hard copy and computer record
- Prepare and submit all required reports and statistics: divisional headquarters and grants
- Work with corps officer to identify and apply for grants
- Make sure files are up to date and organized
- Representing The Salvation Army in informational opportunities or forums
- Attend seminars to increase knowledge and become an even more effective caseworker
- Coordinate Holiday efforts: Back to School, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.
- Coordinate food drives to stock food room for seasonal and day to day use
- Work with the corps officers in developing programs and activities that meet the needs of the congregation and greater community
- Work with businesses, churches, and other community organizations to coordinate services and secure donations
- Work with corps officers for all other needs as they arise
Skill / Requirements
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required; BA degree preferred.
- Case management experience.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), utility and social service programs.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record.
- The individual must show respect for other employees, associates, clients, and the goals and objectives of The Salvation Army.
- Ability to follow directions and work with Corps Officers.
- Ability to manage all clerical day to day operations including answering phones, making copies, composing/sending emails, using web-based database systems, using a fax machine, etc.
- Ability to multitask and maintain an organized and clean office environment.
- Must be a service minded team player.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to pass Salvation Army Fleet Safety training.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in his name without discrimination.