The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Salvation Army - Southwest Division
- Greet and triage clients preparing initial interview/intake information and (in cooperation with program supervisors) make client option recommendations.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate information stream that meets the needs of program participants and funding sources.
- Responsible for the daily log of persons who come to TSA for EAP assistance, ensuring that our screening meets the needs of the applicant for each program and funding sources.
- Regular, timely statistical reporting is required.
- Ensure the data entry is accurate and timely for access by the program supervisors as needed.
- Represent The Salvation Army when interfacing with social service agencies, clients, program participants and other groups as necessary and/or assigned.
- Attend staff meetings as assigned.
- Meet with principals of The Salvation Army Christmas Program and determine direction of current year program.
- Meet with school reps and present ideas for Christmas Program. Discuss and firm up plans for training is August.
- Create database of collaborating schools, contact representatives and conduct school training for registration form sign up.
- Distribute registration forms to schools while maintaining total control of numbers. Set up return plan for forms.
- Responsible for all phases of input, accuracy and reporting from Christmas Angel Database.
- Coordinate with Corps Officers for registration.
- Coordinate with Volunteer Specialist to ensure sufficient volunteer staff.
- Maintain files so that all key documents for the Christmas Angel Program can be organized in a binder for historical reference.
- Prepare Christmas Brief of Activities and Statistics in early January following traditional reporting formats.
- Other duties as assigned as they relate to the position.
Skill / Requirements
- BS degree preferred
- Equivalent combination of experience and education required
- Minimum of six months experience in social service work setting
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a collaborative team
- Must have good tracking and follow-up skills
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have valid Arizona driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
- Experience working with the Homeless and working poor is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of local community resources
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.