The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
USMS SUPPORT CLERK
at The Geo Group
Facility: Western Region Detention Facility at San Diego
Compensation Base: $15.34
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides administrative support services between the client and the facility to assist in managing the volume of detainees housed at the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support services between the client and facility in the areas not limited to transportation, medical, records to assist in managing the volume of detainees at the facility
- Processes Judgment and Commitment Orders.
- Assembles and processes requests for designation packages and submits them to the Bureau of Prisons.
- Assists in the quarterly process of verifying detainers.
- Updates medical information in the client’s Justice Detention Information System (JDIS) and processes prisoner medical requests (PMRs) through USMS Prisoner Operations Division.
- Updates prisoner statuses in the JDIS system to reflect their phase in the designation process.
- Generating Prisoner Intake Form (USM-129), Personal History Form (USM-312) and other entries as deemed necessary by the USMS.
- Schedules or arranges attorney requested video teleconference interviews with prisoners housed at various facilities outside the District.
- Processes designations received by and submitting requests for Prisoner Movement (Form 106) lo the Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System (JPATS).
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Two (2) years of administration support experience preferably in a correctional environment.
- Experience in word processing and good knowledge of various software programs.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures.
- General clerical aptitude.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.