The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3W1316SVKXYJBQSQWQ
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Police/Fire/Emergency Personnel, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Facility: WESTERN REGION DETENTION FACILITY AT SAN DIEGO
Compensation Base: $50,940 annually
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Oversees and monitors staff performance in prisoner records, receiving and discharge functions. Has responsibility for ensuring the legality and duration of confinements to the custody of the United States Marshals Service.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains contact with the U.S. Marshals, the courts, committing agencies, local law enforcement agencies, Federal Bureau of Investigations, U.S. Postal Service, U.S. Parole Commission and many other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Serves as the facility custodian of records and honor court subpoenas in accordance with court appearances when presented to The GEO Group, Inc. pertaining to inmate records in our custody.
- Analyzes the overall operation of the employees in the department, establishes goals and objectively evaluates their effectiveness and reviews their progress; reviews training and needs for personnel development.
- Maintains the classification separate list of the inmate population to monitor appropriate housing assignment.
- Performs internal audits throughout the institution in accordance with those areas affected by the laws and policies relating to the Records Office.
- Must be able to provide instruction to subordinate staff, interact with other supervisors and department heads, maintain sensitive information, and manage multiple projects with potentially conflicting deadlines.
- Meets multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines and works well with all levels of management. Must be able to work and interact with others in a harmonious and professional manner.
- Displays initiative in seeking additional responsibilities. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Pre-Law or other related studies or Associate’s Degree in similar studies plus 5 years experience in related fields, preferably at least 1 year as a supervisor. Experience and education may be met by other highly responsible positions held or higher education obtained.
- Employee must possess substantial knowledge of the laws that affect the United States Marshal’s mission and that influence the freedom and liberty of prisoners.
- Require a working knowledge of the existing client’s contractual requirements as well as The GEO Group, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Possess substantial knowledge of the laws that affect the United States Marshal’s mission and influence the freedom and liberty of prisoners.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department. Thorough knowledge of office procedures with sound business practices.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and knowledge in the performance of complex, confidential, and difficult duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!