The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: KARNES CNTY RESIDENTIAL CENTER
Compensation Base: $12.40 plus $4.54 Health and Welfare
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, this position operates the facility telephone system to direct incoming calls and place outgoing calls. In addition, it greets vendors, customers, job applicants and other visitors, and arranges for transportation services when needed. Finally, this position may provide a variety of clerical support activities as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- May update appointment calendars.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- May take payments for services and products.
- May prepare travel vouchers.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pleasant demeanor, ability to multi-task and provide superior customer service is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical equations.