The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OFFICE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
at The Geo Group
Facility: NORTHSTAR CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position performs standard and routine accounting, human resources, payroll, inventory control and general office activities for a facility. Assignments generally involve work of a confidential nature and require a general knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes all business office responsibilities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory control, human resources and general office management.
- Serves as accounting clerk handling daily accounting and month-end closing activities.
- Assists with preparing and tracking monthly and annual budgets and forecasts.
- Maintains payment card (P-Card) system transactions.
- Coordinates subsistence and resident savings and banking accounting including calculations of funds that are due collection of funds, data entry, bank deposits, fund disbursement, account maintenance, and account reconciliation.
- Assists in the hiring process by placing newspaper ads, posting openings with Department of Labor (DOL) and other local workforce agencies. Ensures completeness of applications and schedules interviews as needed. Conducts reference and background checks as required by contracts after a job offer is made.
- Processes all personnel paperwork and issues new employee identification cards. Provides orientation for new employees pertaining to benefits and personnel issues so employees are well informed of company policies, procedures and benefits.
- Edits for discrepancies and prepares punch detail report for final processing of payroll to meet bi-weekly payroll deadline and ensure employees are paid accurately.
- Maintains facility personnel files for all current employees. Files on a daily basis. Assists all staff and supervisors in understanding policies and procedures describes in the Company’s Employee Handbook.
- Maintains a staffing roster to ensure accurate employee count and track employee vacancies.
- Has a working knowledge of the Personnel Policy and Operations Manual so that correct records are maintained at the facility and submitted to the Corporate Office to comply with government requirements and provide documentation in the event of litigation.
- Types and proofs correspondence and reports which may include formal and informal disciplinary action reports for both residents and employees or monthly and quarterly facility reports.
- Receives, opens and dates stamp incoming mail. Distributes mail within one hour of receipt so that time-limited documents can be acted upon immediately.
- Provides pick-up and delivery service for office supplies, if requested to ensure continuity of operations is maintained.
- Assumes on-duty shift responsibilities including accountability for residents and security of facility in the absence of other security staff, if requested by Facility Director or Assistant Facility Director.
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding residents, employees, vendors, outside agencies, etc., so that sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Completes in-service training to meet the requirements for continued professional self-development. Participates in staff meeting by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff relations to identify and solve problems and function as a unified team. Records the minutes, type them, and distribute to appropriate persons.
- May prepare correspondence and perform other clerical duties as assigned to insure the office runs smoothly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree or certification from a business school or college education preferred
- Three (3) years of general office, human resources, bookkeeping or accounts payable experience.
- Familiarization with general accounting principles, fiscal budget control procedures and computerized accounting.
- Ability to handle a variety of simple tasks that are routine in nature, while keeping work flowing in an orderly manner.
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in English, in both written and verbal form.
- Valid, active driver's license.
- Ability to use computers and the typical software used by the facility.