The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: Guadalupe County Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Supervises mailroom activities, including the sorting and delivery of incoming mail, as well as the preparation and sending of outgoing mail.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the operational work flow of the facility mailroom to ensure efficiencies and adherence to company standards. Includes significant input into job performance evaluations of these positions, including development, retention and termination.
- Inspects and seals all outgoing detainee mail. Logs and inspects all detainee packages.
- Sorts, locates, opens, inspects and bundles all incoming detainee mail and publications.
- Distributes all inter-office mail for the facility departments.
- Documents, processes and files all incoming/outgoing mail denials.
- Logs and processes all incoming/outgoing legal, special, medial and certified mail.
- Operates postage machine and other mailroom office machines.
- Handles all problems and special requests that occur.
- May supervise the receipt and allocation of office supplies and other miscellaneous items for the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of one (1) year related work experience in mailroom operations.
- Working knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.