The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT & EDUCATIONAL COORDINATOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: RS SHASTA COUNTY CA
Compensation Base: $20.40 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Conducts and oversees Re-Entry Center employment training and job development programs as well as General Equivalency Diploma (GED) preparation for all Re-Entry clients in need of those services. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts employment assessments and creates individual employment plans for each assigned client using principles of the “What Works” system. Documents clients’ progress in the Company database.
- Conducts on-going job preparation, job retention and life skills classes.
- Establishes and oversees job preparation and computer skills training resources. Provides appropriate referrals for clients.
- Establishes and coordinates relationships with state and private employment agencies and vocational schools.
- Arranges for client placement in vocational training in coordination with local vocational schools. Monitors client attendance and completion of training.
- Develops on-the-job support for clients who have been placed.
- Conducts individual education assessments and creates educational plans for each referred client using principles of the “What Works” system. Documents clients’ progress in the Company database.
- Establishes and oversees computer learning lab for GED preparation and remedial education.
- Provides clients with referrals for undergraduate and graduate studies.
- May facilitate psycho-educational/behavior modification groups. Documents clients’ progress in Company database.
- May manage a small caseload of Re-Entry clients using principles of the “What Works” system. Conducts risk/need assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned client. Provides case management services as needed. Documents all client contact in Company database.
- Assists other Re-Entry Center staff with general operations to meet the needs of the program.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Criminal Justice, Education or employment-related field required.
- Minimum of two years experience working with offender/minority populations in an adult educational setting using computer lab required.
- Some experience working with local area labor/employment market required.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to set boundaries.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good networking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately.
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of local area labor/employment market and community resources.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER