The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FOOD SERVICE AIDE
at The Geo Group
Facility: HECTOR GARZA CENTER
Compensation Base: $13.00/hr
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
A.M. SCHEDULE 5:30 A.M. - 1:30 P.M.
P.M. SCHEDULE 11:00 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Under general supervision, prepares large quantities of a variety of food including meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods. Uses various methods of cooking and seasoning and adheres to proper preparations methods. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Stocking Box – following meat rotation procedures
- Prep assigned items
- Experience working in a hands-on, fast paced high volume environment.
- Grill, deep fry, bake, broil and microwave raw and prepped foods
- Measure and assemble ingredients and cook items according to recipes and menu specifications
- Maintain cooking line in a clean, sanitary and safe manner
- Uniforms and aprons should always be “showplace clean”
- Stock/restock items on line according to specifications
- Wash and clean raw food products
- Peeling, dicing, shredding and slicing food products using manual and electric equipment
- Assist in an entire team effort
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards at all times
- Other duties as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College credits or relevant technical training courses in food service preparation and cooking preferred. Prior cooking and correctional food service training preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years prior experience in successfully managing and/or quantity food production experience in commercial, military, or institutional setting or an equivalent combination of work experience and training required.
- Must be able to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.