The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS ANALYST
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position facilitates the use and continuous improvement of the Company’s Electronic Health Records System (EHR) The main role of the position is to provide planning, designing, training and supporting of the Electronic Health Records system. In addition, the position will ensure Company’s compliance with Meaningful Use, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other regulatory guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the primary support contact for the application’s end users.
- Identifies and resolves issues that arise in assigned application area as well as issues that impact other application teams.
- Identifies and implements approved changes to the system.
- Participates in workflow design, building and testing the system and analyzing associated issues.
- Participates in training and working with end users.
- Reviews the status of deliverables, issues and milestones with leadership.
- Serves as a liaison between end users’ workflow needs and software vendor.
- Manipulates complex, confidential data with minimal direction.
- Recommends strategy, plans, and alternatives to the senior leader proactively.
- Guides end users in ongoing training during all phases of implementation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of expertise in healthcare business processes and associated clinical application software.
- Strong, demonstrable experience providing customer service and training is required.
- Ability to complete required continuous training and education including department specific requirements.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills in IT field is helpful.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Intermediate experience with using business application software (ERP/EHR, O365, Visio)
- Ability to be highly organized, detail oriented, results/quality driven and meet time frames,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel as warranted.