The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3P2DB796BL04DDKPXV
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Education - ALL, Grocery/Convenience Stores, Education - Faculty
Facility: South Bay Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Performs clerical work requiring application of varied complex work methods and procedures. Work requires familiarity with policies, practices and procedures controlling the company and its operations. Work is subject to review. Unusual work problems are referred to supervisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers phone for department.
- Maintains moderately complex indexes and files.
- Types correspondence, reports and other materials as required.
- Operates an adding machine, calculator, telex terminal, copy machine, or any other office machine requiring no previous training.
- In performance of other duties, communicates with a computer through a terminal for information retrieval and data entry.
- Completes all filing, assists with keeping minutes of meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and related clerical duties.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!