The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: NORTH LAKE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: $15.16/hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under general direction, this position assists management to ensure that compliance and accreditation standards set by the organization, contracting client, or other outside parties are verified within the necessary timeframes established by the Facility Administrator or Warden. This position coordinates the administrative processes for the facility and communicates compliance and accreditation problems or concerns to management. This position also serves as the facility’s liaison regarding standard and routine interpretation of compliance and accreditation policies and guidelines while referring more complex issues to a department manager or the Warden.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates compliance and accreditation audits for the facility by facilitating meetings with appropriate staff informing them of the audit, explaining the tasks required of each department, and developing a project plan to ensure that all departments complete their tasks within the established timeframes. Serves as the facility’s liaison during audits.
- Collects standard and routine information regarding the facility or organization to provide information to the compliance or accreditation party.
- May serves as the facility’s liaison to the organization, contracting client, or other outside party to ensure that all inquiries are responded to in a timely manner. Develops effective working relationships with a variety of employees, contracting agents, and the general public.
- Conducts or coordinates general audits of functions within the facility to and communicates compliance and accreditation issues to facility management May develop general reports summarizing results. May conduct informational presentations to staff updating them on any changes to compliance and accreditation processes.
- Maintains database of all appropriate compliance and accreditation audits. Updates accordingly.
- Maintains the facility’s operational policy and procedure guidelines through databases or manuals. Updates sources as necessary.
- Assists management in the reviewing and revising the facility’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with organizational, contracting clients, or outside party’s guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college experience in administrative courses is highly desirable.
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in a correctional facility required. Ability to understand compliance and accreditation requirements.
- Ability to apply compliance and accreditation requirements to facility’s operational processes.
- Ability to write general reports and summaries in a cohesive and concise manner. Ability to verbally communicate with other employees and/or outside parties in a professional manner. Previous experience in giving general presentations helpful.
- Ability to effectively maintain databases of information related to the facility’s compliance and accreditation processes.
- Ability to review and interpret general compliance and accreditation policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.