The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: LAWRENCEVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position serves as the facility’s subject matter expert on all compliance and accreditation issues. Develops, maintains, and revises all assessment instruments to monitor the success of a facility’s compliance activities. Develops reports for management regarding the facility’s compliance and accreditation areas. Recommends process improvements as necessary. Solely accountable for communicating rules, regulations, and guidelines to all impacted areas throughout the facility. May be assigned to projects that may impact the region or organization. This position also serves as the facility’s liaison regarding the interpretation of all compliance and accreditation policies and guidelines. Finally, this position acts on behalf of the organization when compliance and accreditation audits occur.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and assesses all functional areas within the facility to identify compliance issues. Documents reviews through formalized reports with an assessment of the issues and recommendations for improvement.
- Develops effective instruments to determine whether departments are in compliance.
- Meets with department managers to determine whether the area is in compliance with the organization, contracting client, or outside party. When non-compliant, partners with department managers to develop strategies to gain compliance.
- Serves as the facility’s subject matter expert in the area of interpreting the compliance and accreditation criteria based on organization, contracting client, or outside party requirements.
- Validates that the facility’s policies and procedures are in compliance with organizational, contracting clients, or outside party’s guidelines.
- Performs facility level operational reviews and audits of all functional areas as required by a published schedule, accurately reporting any findings of noncompliance, and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Collects and reports to a compliance or accreditation party.
- Serves as the facility’s liaison to the organization, contracting client, or other outside party to ensure that all inquiries are responded to in a timely manner. Ensures effective working relationships with a variety of employees, contracting agents and the general public.
- Presents information on compliance and accreditation issues to the facility.
- Ensures the effective implementation of the organization’s Quality Control Program (QCP).
- Analyzes departmental operations and develops action plans to improve service delivery systems.
- Maintains all database and paper documentation on the facility’s compliance and accreditation programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field along with three (3) year experience in a corrections, law enforcement or related capacity. Experience needs to demonstrate an understanding for the facility’s operations while being able to compare them to organizational, contracting client, and other outside party’s compliance and accreditation policies and guidelines. (A high school diploma or GED with five (5) years of progressive experience in corrections, law enforcement or related fields may be substituted based on management’s discretion.)
- Experience in compliance, accreditation, and quality management highly desirable.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to make presentations to employees at all levels of the facility. Must be able to write cohesive and comprehensive documentation.
- May be required to travel.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.