The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
at The Geo Group
Facility: Coastal Bend Detention Center
Compensation Base: $13.36
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position assists in examination, treatment and medication administration for patients under direction of Physician.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Operates x-ray, electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
- Gives injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests.
- Schedules appointments, keeps x-ray and other medical records, performs secretarial tasks, and completes insurance forms.
- Dispenses medical prescriptions and provides administrative report under the direction of professional medical staff.
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
- Answers phones for the office area, routing calls, taking and delivering messages as needed.
- Maintains moderately complex indexes and files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two (2) year college or technical school. Certification from a Medical Assistant program.
- Six (6) months related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department