The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Compensation Base: $19.00 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides participants with the tools and knowledge to prepare for successful community reentry through the delivery of cognitive behavioral curriculum such as Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT), Thinking For-A-Change (T4C), Living in Balance (LIB) and other selected curriculum. In addition, provides group facilitation in areas including cognitive selfchange, social skills, problem solving, relationships, and other related issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates delivery of cognitive behavioral curriculum in a group setting focusing on the areas of motivation for change, social adjustment, personal management, social skills development, cognitive restructuring, and development of problem-solving skills.
- Conducts a periodic review of curriculum and resources available to enhance participants participation in post release programs and activities.
- Maintains class rosters, attendance records, and provides completion certificates for LIB, T4C, MRT and other curriculum as required.
- Supports the assessment of participant needs and makes referrals to appropriate staff.
- Aids participants in planning and developing post-release plans and encourages them to assume the responsibility for post-release behaviors and activities.
- Participates in orientation of participant regarding all behavioral treatment programs including, but not limited to, T4C and MRT.
- The ability to facilitates and/or co-facilitates, group counseling from a structured manual.
- Assists in the coordination of participant program schedules to ensure the criminogenic needs of the participants are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and minimum of 4 years of experience providing CBT services to the Criminal Justice Populations.
- Associates degree and minimum of two years of experience providing CBT services to the Criminal Justice population preferred
- Relevant teaching or counseling experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the Principles of Effective Intervention that empirical evidence has proven to successfully reduce recidivism.
- Must possess the ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Must be flexible, cooperative and empathetic to needs of staff and participants
- Ability to prepare written reports; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to learn rules, regulations, and security procedures required by the facility.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer