The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3W0DP64V2FJWZVK5HX
Facility: CDCR IN-PRISON NORTH KERN CA
Compensation Base: $20.90 Per Hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position provides inmates with the tools and knowledge to prepare for successful community reentry through the delivery of cognitive behavioral curriculum such as Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT), Thinking For-A-Change (T4C), Living in Balance (LIB) and other selected curriculum. In addition, provides group facilitation in areas including cognitive self-change, social skills, problem solving, relationships, and other related issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates delivery of cognitive behavioral curriculum in a group setting focusing on the areas of motivation for change, social adjustment, personal management, social skills development, cognitive restructuring, and development of problem-solving skills.
- Conducts a periodic review of curriculum and resources available to enhance an inmate’s participation in pre-release programs and activities.
- Evaluate and document the Participants progress weekly
- Meet with participant to discuss progress as needed
- Maintains class rosters, attendance records, and provides completion certificates for LIB, T4C, MRT and other curriculum as required.
- Supports the assessment of inmate needs and makes referrals to appropriate staff.
- Aids inmates in planning and developing post-release plans and encourages them to assume the responsibility for post-release behaviors and activities.
- Participates in orientation of inmates regarding all behavioral treatment programs including, but not limited to, T4C and MRT.
- Deliver the Program Topics and program services utilizing curriculum approved by CDCR
- Conduct groups addressing Criminal Thinking, Anger Management, and/or family relationships
- Facilitates and/or co-facilitates, group counseling from a structured manual.
- Assists in the coordination of inmate program schedules to ensure the criminogenic needs of the inmates are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, sociology, or a closely related field is desirable.
- Have a minimum of one year experience providing CBT Services
- Relevant teaching or counseling experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the Principles of Effective Intervention that empirical evidence has proven to successfully reduce recidivism.
- Must possess the ability to work with a team of professionals and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Must be flexible, cooperative and empathetic to needs of staff and inmates.
- Ability to prepare written reports; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to learn rules, regulations, and security procedures required by the facility.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!