The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Facility Director Security
at The Geo Group
Facility: NM Women's Recovery Academy (NMMRA)
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the overall daily security operations of the facility through management of security supervisory staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides direct supervision and guidance to security supervisory staff.
• Ensures overall security operations are conducted in accordance with established policies, procedures.
• Coordinates facility training program in conjunction with federal, state, local and corporate requirements/guidelines.
• Responsible for ensuring required security inspections of the facility are conducted and documented (i.e., shift, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual).
• Responsible for ensuring the coordination of scheduled resident offender transports(i.e., courts, transfers, medical, etc.).
• Oversees the resident offender disciplinary process to ensure compliance with policy, procedure and minimum standards.
• Monitors daily activities to ensure they are in conjunction with established building schedule.
• Conducts routine inspections of all areas of the physical plant (interior/exterior).
• Reviews daily staffing to ensure appropriate coverage.
• Investigates alleged staff misconduct and submit written report to Facility Director for review.
• Reviews all required security reports (i.e., incidents, disciplinary reports, accidents, inspections, etc.) for accuracy.
• Act as Facility Director in his/her absence.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) years of experience in a community based or secure correctional setting or seven (7) years of experience in a community based or secure correctional setting.
• Familiar with community corrections systems and current community corrections practices.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations manuals and routine instructions and procedures
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to speak effectively
• Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.