The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ADMIN MOVEMENT CLERK
at The Geo Group
Facility: LAWRENCEVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER
Compensation Base: $9.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the organization and workflow of the inmate movement office. It performs clerical work requiring application of varied and complex work methods and procedures. The work requires familiarity with policies, practices and procedures of the facility, specifically the inmate movement procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains indexes and files.
- Records all inmate assignments, housing moves and work moves.
- Maintains a count board or a similar device for quick reference of inmate assignments.
- Types correspondence, reports, and other materials as required.
- Operates a variety of office equipment.
- Operates a computer system with printer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- One (1) year in a wage earning general office experience in clerical, secretarial, or related field.
- Ability to type quickly and with accuracy.
- A high level of organizational skills, ability to understand complex oral and written instructions, working knowledge of policies and procedures, rules and regulations related to area of assignment are required.
- Working knowledge of policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to area of assignment
- Working knowledge of office management procedures, to include: filing word processing, and use of office machines.
- Ability to understand complex oral and written instructions.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills,
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.