The Garden's Rehab and Care Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse MDS Coordinator
at The Garden's Rehab and Care Center
This position is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) assessments of each resident residing in the facility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Schedules MDS’s
- Completion of MDS’s while ensuring the accuracy of your work
- Signs and files MDS’s
- Completes care plans
- Collaborates with other health care team members for review of resident needs and abilities
- Completes thorough research and review of new resident needs with each MDS
- Responsible for transmittal of review to Medicare and Medicaid
- Monitors resident for changes on an on-going basis
- Attends care conferences
- Assigns quarterly assessments of each resident
- Monitors flu and pneumovax administration
- Participates in quality assurance program
- Attends S.W.I.F.T. meetings and maintains documentation of meeting
- Attends daily interdisciplinary team meetings and maintains documentation
- Coordinates Quality Assurance meetings, and maintains documentation
- Report any errors made to DON immediately.
- Ensure all abuse, or suspected abuse, that is witnessed by you, or reported to you, is reported to the DON, ADON, or Administrator immediately.
- Delivers various forms to the units including:
- Weekly charting schedule
- Care plan updating schedule
- MDS sections to be completed
- All other assigned duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Medical terminology.
- Safety rules, policies and procedures, infection prevention and control procedures.
- Facility emergency/disaster response and evacuation procedures.
- Resident Rights and identifying abuse and/or neglect.
- The MDS and Quality Indicators
- Use and care of equipment, tools and materials used in resident care activities.
- Working independently to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Operating a computer utilizing a variety of commonly used and specialized software applications.
- Identify when a situation cannot be handled and know when to ask for help.
- Be sensitive to resident’s families and respond in a professional manner.
- Know your scope of practice and always operate within it.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel, residents and resident family members.
- Read and write clearly.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Maintain confidentiality and work under pressure in a dynamic environment with changing demands and priorities.
- Comply with facility policies and procedures.
Regular contacts with associate personnel, residents, resident family members and visitors.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to bear weight and lift 50 pounds or more.
- Requires various physical activities including standing, sitting for long periods, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, pulling, stretching, turning, grasping and reaching.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, thoroughness and quality of work assigned.
- Aural acuity to receive detailed information through oral communication, often from persons with speech impairment.
- Safety-sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRANING
- Must be a graduate of a state approved school of nursing.
- Must have a current Arizona Nursing License or a current license from a compact license state.
- Must hold a current Arizona State Board nursing license and must maintain license renewal in accordance with the standards of the State Board of Nursing.
- Six months of long term care experience required
- Previous MDS experience preferred
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT(S)
- Attend mandatory nursing meetings and continuing education classes that are designated mandatory.
- Obtain/maintain Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card at employee’s expense.
- Obtain/maintain CPR Certification.
- Complete annual Tuberculosis Testing.
- Complete required 12 hours of annual in-service training.