Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Medical Group
General Summary and Job Overview:
Primary duties include reception and processing of patients into the Imaging Department for a variety of exams. Preparation of necessary paperwork and folders as needed. Coordination of the Radiology Information Management System (RIMS), and communication among HMA secretaries as necessary to provide continuous access to Imaging reports. Other duties not mentioned are not excluded from your position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. Performs in accordance with the facility’s policies and procedures. Follows the facility’s standards for ethical business conduct. Conducts self as a positive role model and team member. Participates in facility committees, meetings, in-services, and activities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of daily documents including schedules, superbills, wet reading slips, and RIMS reports.
- Prepares and maintains department statistics.
- Greets patients at the reception desk politely and efficiently.
- Answers and directs phone calls courteously. Able to handle multiple phone calls efficiently.
- Schedules urgent add-ons for all modalities as necessary. Communicates all add on exams to the appropriate personnel including technical staff, Radiologists and film library.
- Instructs patients in the proper preparation for imaging exams according to established protocols.
- Prints, collates, copies and distributes radiology reports as necessary.
- Submits patient billing information to the Radiology billing department.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years of college or secretarial school, medical terminology, and computer skills preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires appropriate time management skills. Ability to process multiple tasks in an ever-changing environment. Ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Must be able to function independently.
- Maintains a neat and professional appearance.
- Ability to communicate verbally with patients, staff and Physicians. Must be able to relate to diverse patient/visitor populations in an effective manner.
5. Computer skills appropriate to the tasks assigned. Typing and secretarial skills necessary to perform a variety of duties assigned by the Imaging Manager.