Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Medical Group
This position is responsible for assisting the Practice Director of Steward Medical Group with the daily operations of all the multi-specialty offices associated with SMG.
- Assists the Practice Director with the daily operations of all the multi-specialty offices.
- Responsible for problem-solving and trouble-shooting of daily operational occurrences within the practice plan. The Practice Coordinator is a resource for operational questions.
- Trains administrative staff on existing purchasing, A/R and payroll procedures and any new program or upgrades in a timely fashion. Oversees effective resource utilization along with cost control and containment. Participates in the Monthly Staff Networking Meetings and all other meetings as requested by the Practice Director.
- Responsible for preparing progress/staff reports. Assists the Practice Director with ad-hoc reports on operations.
- Responsible for assisting in developing business plans.
- Assists the Practice Director in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures regarding office management through regular meetings with the site managers and staff. Participates in the evaluation of existing policies and procedures that affect the operational aspect of the SMG offices.
- Assists with processing all necessary documentation. Responsible for assisting in facilities' planning and design including: coordination with maintenance activities; supplies, orders equipment, orders furniture, assists in preparing job descriptions and forms design.
- Assists in coordinating and implementing the MedSafe program and assists in coordinating the Annual OSHA/Fire and Safety Training/Confidentiality Training of SMG employees.
- Must be able to work independently and problem solve with little supervision.
- Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the Confidentiality Policy of SMG.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Ability to work independently, analyze operational issues and to problem solve in creative and effective ways.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience preferred (i.e., Excel, Word).
- Strong operational skills required.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree in a business concentration strongly preferred. Experience in lieu of a college degree will be considered.
- Two to four years of health-care operations experience, preferably in a large group practice.
What about the Benefits?
We have many plans with various deductibles, which can cover individuals or families so you can customize a plan that will work for you! Steward Health Care works with Blue Cross Blue Shield to provide affordable health insurance for our employees. Our Health Plans Highlights are:
- $0 deductibles for services provided by a Steward provider (Tier 1).
- $0 copays when a member uses a Steward Provider (Tier 1).
- Dental, Vision, Health Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, and more.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters per year. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
At Steward, we believe in honesty, integrity and the importance of community care. More importantly, we believe in our people. We offer competitive salaries and benefits. All inquiries will remain confidential. Steward Health Care System is an equal opportunity employer.