Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (SMG Ortho)
at Steward Medical Group
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
- Help plan and coordinate the delivery of quality and safe patient care in the clinic
- Providing outpatient care including cardiovascular assessment, routine follow up, as appropriate.
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance), and state regulatory standards.
- Completes hospital rounds as requested or required by the physician.
- Completes daily assignments and documentation within requested time frame.
- Provides leadership, direction, and support in emergency situations.
- Adheres to, interprets and monitors established clinical and administrative policies, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrates effective use of time management, conflict/problem resolution and delegation skills.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, physicians and patients to facilitate problem resolution.
- Coordinates and communicates patient care activities with health care team members and appropriate departments, including admissions and discharges, triage, physician orders and rounds.
- Demonstrates clear, concise professional communication with all contacts in a manner which conveys mutual respect and concern.
- Actively facilitates a positive proactive tone with co-workers and patients
- Acts as a clinical resource/role model to other members of the health care team.
- Maintains professional and appropriate communication and behavior with patients, co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
- Licensure as required by the AZ State Board of Nursing; Advanced practice nursing license
- Minimum one year experience as a Nurse Practitioner in a clinic setting preferred
- Previous Orthopedic Experience preferred.
- **Will hire a AZ licensed Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Paid time off
- CME Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…