Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Medical Group
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The position is a member of the health care team who functions in a dual role, providing administrative as well as clinical support to ensure quality care to patients and the smooth day-to-day operation of the physician practice.
Medical Assistant Functions:
- Phone triage
- Administers injections
- Performs non-stress testing
- Chaperones as needed
- Reports significant observations and patient problems to appropriate care givers
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and equipment, as needed
- Sets up rooms for exams and procedures
- Triage patients by revieiwng all clinical data and medical and patient history
- Assists physicians with procedures
- Provides and maintains supplies, equipment and linen for clinical areas
Medical Secretary Functions:
- Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
- Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed.
- Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
- Prepares documents for billing physician encounters
- Checking in patients, collecting copays & preparing batch daily
- Works on Quality initiatives as needed per Practice Manager
- Handles Patient Reminder calls as indicated by Practice Manager
- Possibility of covering in another practice
- Performs other duties as requested
- Education from approved medical assistant program or equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a Medical Assistant. OB/GYN experience preferred
- The ability to perform medical secretary duties
- Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Some travel required within the market