Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Assistant - Full Time, Evening Shift
at Steward Health Care System
With 346 beds, the skilled staff at Trumbull Regional Medical Center has been providing quality care for over a century. Trumbull Regional Medical Center serves the health care needs of residents in Trumbull County and nearby communities. Trumbull Regional Medical Center offers a vast scope of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services from emergency, cardiac and critical care to orthopedic, childbirth, and other diagnostic and therapeutic services. A designated Level III Trauma Center; the hospital became the first in Ohio to achieve Chest Pain v5 accreditation, which is the highest-level accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. READ MORE HERE
High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in general laboratory experience, phlebotomy, and specimen processing. After orientation, up to six month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
Certification in phlebotomy by ASCP or NCA required. If experienced, would hire and obtain certification within one year.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Prepares laboratory specimens (blood/fluids, etc.) for shipment to reference labs by completing requisitions or utilizing the Lab Information System, processing samples, verifying specimen requirements and arranging for specimen pick up if necessary.
- Prepares patient samples for cytologic examination utilizing standard procedures.
- May process microbiology samples, performing simple stains and various culture set up techniques.
- Performs blood collection by venipuncture or micropuncture on adults, children, or infants using proper phlebotomy techniques in a courteous, professional manner.
- Processes specimens from inpatient and outpatient areas utilizing centrifugation, biological hoods and manual methods.
- May assist in the training of employees in areas of reference lab specimen processing and other types of sample preparation or phlebotomy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.