Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Work Care Coordinator - Per Diem/As Needed
at Steward Health Care System
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Statement of Purpose:
Responsible for assisting patients and their families with personal, financial and environmental difficulties predisposing to illness or interfering with obtaining maximum benefits from healthcare. Intervention is designed to enable patients and families to access and utilize healthcare in order to achieve their optimal level of health and functioning. This assistance is completed in the context of the patient's strengths and barriers, financial resources and family and environmental issues. Assessment, discharge planning, counseling, advocacy,
Information/referral and follow-up monitoring are the basis of clinical social work intervention. In collaboration with the Case Coordinator (CC), the Social Worker facilitates the safe, effective and efficient discharge or disposition of patients. Additionally, the Social Worker participates in and supports the Hospital's and Medical Staffs Quality Improvement (PI) activities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides technical and educational guidance to the medical staff, nursing staff and hospital departments regarding Case Coordination, Social Service and discharge planning activities.
2. Participates in performance measurement (PM) and PI activities.
3. Participates in committees and PI projects as assigned.
4. Contributes to the Department's and Hospital's mission by participating in pertinent community activities.
5. Participates in mandatory education
Responsibility for Crises Intervention:
1. Manages crisis or supports patients/families adjusting to life changes or issues related to drug and alcohol abuse, family dynamics, housing, mental health diagnoses, terminal illness, placement and maternal and child health as well as others.
2. Identifies patients/families in crisis by assessing the patient’s and or family’s needs using established criteria and by referrals from the CC or other member of the health team.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.