Steward Health Care System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapy Assistant - PRN - JVMC
at Steward Health Care System
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center! JVMC is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JVMC has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 30 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, NICU, ICU, Med Surg, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Trauma ER, Orthopedics, a Cancer Center, Rehab, and Cardiology.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JVMC.
Physical Therapy Assistant
Repsonsible for directing, modifying and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as supervised by the staff physical therapist. administers treatments and physical agents as directed by the staff physical therapist after the physical therapist has evaluated the patient.
The PTA assists with restoration of patient functioning to prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
The PTA participates in operational aspects of the department and participates in performance improvement activities. Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span of a ptient, possess the ability to identify requirements of each patien relative to his or her ge specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's policies and procedures skills check lists. Must be able to respect diversity of each person's values, culture, spiritual beliefs, and other socio-economic issues in addressing the needs of patients. visitors, and co-workers.
- Current Utah State Physical Therapy Assistant certification. Associates degree from a school or college approved by the America Physical Therapy Association.
- BLS Certification (CPR) issued by American Heart Association AHA Healthcare Provider is required.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate effectively in English. Additional languages helpful.
Steward Health Care is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Steward Hospitals are taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.